Welcome to the new USC Forum

Use this forum to introduce yourself and share a little bit about your spiritual quest and your journey.
dgarlock
Site Admin

Welcome to the new USC Forum

Post by dgarlock » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:55 pm

My name is David and I am the Senior Facilitator for the Unity of Spirit Community. Like everyone, I am traveling along my unique personal journey in pursuit of growth and fulfillment. As a child, I was one of those who imagined God to be much like an old man with a long white beard living in the sky, looking down on the Earth with loving eyes. As I grew older, I passed through a variety of stages as I contemplated my existence and purpose in the world. At first, I attended a succession of what may be called "mainstream" Christian churches and other religious associations as I tried to find a structure that matches the ever evolving concept of spirituality I was experiencing in my life. The main difficulty I had was that all of these organizations appeared to be rooted in the material aspects of the human experience, rather on the spiritual essence of our being. I discovered that the concept "Universe", as it is commonly defined, is finite and limiting, and does not account for forces or energy that can't be detected using physical methods alone. I also came to realize that every individual is embarked on a personal journey and that each us are at a different point with regard to our growth and progress. I hope that visitors to our website and this forum may find wisdom that may aid them on their quest and help them to find happiness and fulfillment.